Friday, December 26, 2014

2014

I would like to apologize for having completely abandoned this blog. I realize it has been nearly 3 years since I last touched it! This last post is to assure anyone who might check it, if there is anyone, that we have NOT given up, gone home, or quit sailing! INDEED! Drummer is out and about! still sailing, currently in Panama. The boat and rig are getting better all the time. We have simply been too caught-up fixing things, working on boat projects, and having fun, to update picture-things on the internet.  HOWEVER, there is a new website on the way! The new site will have all the content of the old blog, fill in the the intervening years, and hopefully have some new stuff too! So, don't hold your breath- but, more stuff is coming. I promise!  I'll post the link here first!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hello Margaret of SV Drummer,
Years ago, I discovered your blog....but then no more posts. So glad to see that as of Dec 2014, you planned to post more. Tonight, 2-10-16, I decided I would do a Google search and see if I could find any newer information about you and your boat. I was pleased to see that little tidbit posted.

My interest....is that I am researching, "where the boats are now" My name is Joan Vinette, and I am the oldest daughter of Dale Vinette, TD Vinette Co., Escanaba, MI....the builder of your sailboat. My dad passed away at age 95, back in 2008. He was an old salt to the very end....and so proud of his boatbuilding and commercial diving experiences.

I read every detail about how you worked to restore this boat. And was especially pleased to see that a woman had rescued Drummer and brought her back to life. I wish you all the wonderful times you can possibly enjoy sailing the southern seas.

Wondering where in the seas you may be now? If I read correctly you were in Panama, in late 2014. I have two daughters sailing in the Caribbean on vacation now... last year on their vacation cruising they met up with a woman whose husband's sailboat was in winter storage next to mine in Munising, Michigan. Would be pretty amazing if they should happen to see a 42 foot Junk sailing near them, one named Drummer, that was long ago built in their grandfather's boatyard.

Looking forward to reading more about your adventured.

Joan

SV Drummer said...

Hi Joan! thanks so much for contacting me! Drummer is in Cartagena Colombia this summer. we are definitly still adventuring! please feel free to email me, svdrummer (at) gmail.
Margaret